December 07, 2008

Festival of Trees

We went to the Festival of Trees.. it is an event/auction that is put on by our local hospital to raise money for large items that they need. Last year we didn't go because the storm we had knocked the power out of the whole city for 6 days, and we couldn't go on the date that it was rescheduled because we had another engagement. Needless to say the auction this year is to buy a emergency generator for the North Coast Clinic.

It is always a lot of fun and the trees are beautiful... they have a silent auction on wonderful gifts and wreaths... then a beautiful dinner and then a live auction for the decorated trees and of course it is never just a tree, many of them come with extras such as dinners and gift certificates, also nights in resorts etc... you can spend a lot or a little and then at the end of the night you can buy the center piece on the tables.

I really did have a good time seeing people I had not seen for a very long time, my favorite artist Jeffrey Hull and his wife were special guests because one of his pieces was being auctioned off, it was awesome to see how much it went for.

Have a great Week... I think I am finally getting into the Christmas spirit.

christmas tree 2008
They are not the greatest pictures... it really is so much prettier in person. click on the photo and then see as slide show.

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYY!

    I am so glad, my friend, tho don't be fraid to tap me on the shoulder if you have a bad day. I'm ALWAYS here for you. We keep missing each other. Its just far too busy at this time of the year.

    Your blog, and your tree, are simply lovely. You always surprise me JoyJoy!

    Sounds like I really can sing JOY to the world as you are getting your twinkle back bit by bit.

    Love you, my friend.

    Do we get a Santa hatted bug pic? Bug with tinsel pic? Bug with lites? Awww 'cmon *grovel grovel*

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by...